Become a Foster Parent
Through Families for Children, caring foster families give young people (10 to age 17) a safe place to live. These children are better served in a more intimate setting rather than a residential group home atmosphere. Families for Children is licensed by the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department as an adoption and foster care agency. All foster homes are licensed by our agency, and are closely monitored by staff.
There are several opportunities to serve children at The Ranches
- Full-time foster families – married couples and singles who welcome a foster child into their home for extended periods of time.
- Back-up or respite families – families who are certified to take a child for a day, overnight or longer to provide care when full-time families need rest.
- Professional volunteers – physicians, educators, counselors, attorneys, accountants, etc. who donate their time and skills.
- Anchor churches – congregations that provide space for support group meetings, fundraisers and special activities.
Why Be a Ranches Family?
Families enjoy many services without membership fees.
- Respite care – a pool of families who can give you a break from the demands of foster parenting.
- A personalized basket of items to welcome children into your home. Baskets include items like blankets, toys and school items.
- Equipment, gently used clothing, cribs, toys and other items to make your home ready for a foster child. All items are free for your use.
- Support – experienced, supportive staff are available to answer your questions.